Smaller orders and high-detailed products are best suited for digital printing. Instead of using bulky pre-press equipment like film plates or photo chemicals, printing eliminates the necessity for digital document files to be formatted in any way.
In a nutshell:
Because no pre-press techniques or plates are required for printing, the initial set-up time is considerably reduced. This implies that printing can begin as soon as an order is placed, which is convenient if you need a digital print quickly!
The following are the characteristic of printing that make them better and unique than other printing methods.
1. They are efficiently priced
Digital printing does not require the creation of specific printing plates, which would add to the overall cost. So, for smaller print runs, digital printing is the more cost-effective printing option.
2. It’s also flexible.
It’s possible to customize each individual print because of Variable Data Printing (VDP). This is very useful for business owners who want to customize and personalize their direct mail marketing based on their target audience.
3. Superiority in quality
Our HP Indigo Digital Presses are equipped with the Liquid Electronic Process (LEP) capabilities, which is capable of producing results that are superior to those supplied by traditional printing methods. As a result, printing allows for quick and easy sampling of color fidelity, which can then be easily modified compared to offset printing.
3. Versatileness is a key component of this.
HP Indigo printers are capable of printing on more than 3,000 substrates, including synthetics, darks, and metallic, thanks to their wide media selection. As a result, HP Indigo Printing is the ideal option for any printing need, no matter how basic or complex.
4. The ability to send and approve proofs electronically.
If you want a press proof in conventional printing, the job must be set up, plates must be made, paper must be strung through the press, printed on, and then the paper must be trimmed down to size. For a few copies of your business card or any other document, this is a lot of effort.
5. Fewer hazardous chemicals are used
To make a single print, a typical printer consumes a large number of chemicals. For example, if you want to build plates, you’ll need a darker area. Rubber or polyester plates are used for these plates.
Types of Digital Printing
There are three types of common printing. On the other hand, On-demand printing, Variable Data, and Web-to-Print are the three types of digital printing.
1. On-Demand printing, or Print-on-Demand (POD), is ideal for companies who continually need to update their printed materials.
2. Variable Data Printing (VDP) and Variable Image Printing (VIP). Each piece of the same postal design is customized for each receiver thanks to databases that store individual consumer information. For example, if you receive customized direct mail containing your name and/or address in the text, it’s likely that VDP techniques are at play.
3. Web-to-Print printing, or Web-Enabled printing, allows for direct mail pieces to be customized and customized online in a print management platform.
In the 21st century, digital printing is the most widely used printing method as it is flexible.